Drag and drop support in Structure ALM in cloud?

Nathaniel Elliott June 16, 2020

Should I be able to drag items around in Structure? I am getting an error that states:

Cannot place anything under a dynamic row

And, if this is normal behavior, is there a timeline when it will be released? Or a workaround for ease of work?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mario O.G
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Hi Nathaniel,

At this moment, it's not possible to reorder items that were dynamically brought to a structure. In other words, items that were inserted through the Insert generator.

We already have a task to implement this ability, and if my suspicion is correct, it should become available sometime this year.

We also have plans to improve the Sort by Rank generator by implementing the ability of manually reordering issues to it.

However, reordering the items present in a structure by using the Sort by Rank will also update the rank of the issues in Jira, so I'm not sure if that would work for you.

In any case, I'll make sure to post an update here when one of the options become available.

I hope that helps.

Mario O.G
[ALM Works]

Jimmy Fleming February 20, 2021

Mario, we would love to be able to:

1. Reorder items that were inserted through the insert generator, and
  2. Reorder sorted-by-rank items in Structure and have the rank update in Jira.

Any update on these things?

1 vote
Nathaniel Elliott June 16, 2020

Thanks for this - it will be a huge feature add when it is possible (server-side it works great but we are on the cloud). Thanks!

Mario O.G
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Hi Nathaniel,

You are most welcome!

Thanks for using Structure Cloud!

Mario O.G
[ALM Works]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events