Drafts/Publishing Question

Project Manager April 19, 2014

Just starting with Confluence as a knowledge base and our needs are very basic, we'll only have a few authors writing KB articles and don't need workflow approvals or anything like that. I'm going to use quotes around a couple of the words I'm about to use because what i mean by these words may be different than what they mean in Confluence.

All I'd like to be able to do is save something I am working on as a "draft", and I'm using that word to mean that it's not ready for others to see in the KB yet because I'm still working on it. I'd then like a place to go when I log in where I can see in one place all the items that are still drafts and not yet "published" for everyone to see, so that i can see the artcles I need to finish, so I can "publish" them for everyone to see. One way I've seen that I can do this is to restrict a page to myself and then use the restricted page view to see all pages I've restricted.

Is there a better or more streamlined way to do the same?

Thank You

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2014

Hello,

using restrictions is a common approach in order to do that. Another possible solution is to use the following plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.comalatech.publishing(not available for OnDemand versions).

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events