Downgrading Zephyr

Nathan Polselli April 9, 2019

Hi, I recently migrated my Jira instance to a different physical server. We have a license for Zephyr v 3.6. When I went to download Zephyr from the app marketplace, it downloaded Zephyr v4. My company doesn't have a license for v4, but I was told by Atlassian that I can downgrade to v3.6 to make use of my license. 

How do I downgrade to v3.6 without deleting all of the Zephyr test cases that I currently have set up? If I uninstall Zephyr v4.0.3 will I delete all of my test cases? Clicking Uninstall says "Uninstalling will permanently remove this version of the add-on from JIRA and your filesystem. Do you want to continue?" so I'm a bit weary. If I do this, will I lose all my test cases?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nathan Polselli April 10, 2019

So I figured out how to downgrade Zephyr.
1) Grab the version you need from here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1014681/zephyr-for-jira-test-management/version-history
2) In your Plugin Manager, upload this OBR file. It will most likely fail (since you already have a newer version of Zephyr installed). This is OK.

3) After attempting the upload and getting a failed result, the JAR file will actually have been successfully loaded to the plugins\installed-plugins directory. Navigate to this directory and you should see two files like this:
"je-3.5.2.jar"

"je-4.0.3.jar"

These are the JAR files for Zephyr. As you can see, there are 2 JAR files, one for v3.5.2 and one for v4.0.3. 

4) Turn off Jira (I have it running as a service, so I stopped the service)

5) Remove the JAR file representing the version that you do not want.

6) Start the JIRA service.

7) Success! You should now be running an older version of Zephyr

0 votes
Swapna R September 23, 2021

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the above steps.

I wanted to know, will the attachments at step level be available after downgrade.

Thanks & Regards,

Swapna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events