It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Does workflows support showing older revisions while drafting new ones?

Michael Hum Jul 21, 2013

For example,

Normally regular users can't see drafts. However, if I want to update a page (making it go through the process again, where they can't see it) is it possible to still show users the old version of the page, so they have something to go with while the new one is being written up?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Absolutely, Michael. You decide who can see the draft and who can see the last published version by configuring workflows. Please start with http://wiki.comalatech.com/display/AWP/Getting+Started+with+Ad+hoc+Workflows and let me know if you have any questions

Michael Hum Jul 22, 2013

Thank you for the link. I was stuck for a bit thinking it might be a macro you needed to add to the page. Instead I used triggers to set edit restrictions on the page (instead of VIEW restrictions). Only the authors approved to edit the page see the current draft!

Danijela Divac Feb 25, 2015

I am trying to accomplish the same... once the page goes through the 1st approval and is now published, I want to the same page to go through the update and place under the same revision (workflow) process. However, I want the end user to see the current version (the recently published version). I cannot find in your documentation how to do this?

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Demo Den Ep. 4: Continuous Integration with CircleCI & Jira Software

Get ready! Demo Den Episode 4 is coming your way on Tuesday, May 28, 2018 with a Continuous Integration and Delivery special demo. CircleCI Director of Solutions Engineering, Eddie Webb will show us ...

506 views 0 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you