Does workflows support showing older revisions while drafting new ones?

Michael Hum July 21, 2013

For example,

Normally regular users can't see drafts. However, if I want to update a page (making it go through the process again, where they can't see it) is it possible to still show users the old version of the page, so they have something to go with while the new one is being written up?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ulrich Kuhnhardt [Comalatech]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

Absolutely, Michael. You decide who can see the draft and who can see the last published version by configuring workflows. Please start with http://wiki.comalatech.com/display/AWP/Getting+Started+with+Ad+hoc+Workflows and let me know if you have any questions

Michael Hum July 22, 2013

Thank you for the link. I was stuck for a bit thinking it might be a macro you needed to add to the page. Instead I used triggers to set edit restrictions on the page (instead of VIEW restrictions). Only the authors approved to edit the page see the current draft!

Danijela Divac February 25, 2015

I am trying to accomplish the same... once the page goes through the 1st approval and is now published, I want to the same page to go through the update and place under the same revision (workflow) process. However, I want the end user to see the current version (the recently published version). I cannot find in your documentation how to do this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events