Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Does the tiny link or URL always include /x/ ?

Hi, does the tiny link or tiny URL to a page always include /x/ ? Or are other characters sometimes used?

A developer asked me if there was a way to link back to a Confluence page in code comments and if the URL could be shorter. If the part of the tiny link that follows the /x/ is the part that's unique....

Example /x/1YQkRw

Unique characters are 1YQkRw

...it seems a developer could include just the unique characters in a code comment to be able to refer to a specific wiki page. Sorta like Google Maps unique location codes.

But, if the /x/ part is sometimes different, then the whole /x/1YQkRw string would need to be used.

And yes of course, they could also use the unique page ID number (such as 1193875434).

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin Community Leader Apr 28, 2021

Hi @Michelle Rau - I have yet to see a tiny url /x/ is different character. I went ahead and checked several pages on my end and I haven't encounter something different.

That is good to know. I didn't know if it indicated a type of page, or a type of permission.

Like Benjamin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events