Does the tiny link or URL always include /x/ ?

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2021

Hi, does the tiny link or tiny URL to a page always include /x/ ? Or are other characters sometimes used?

A developer asked me if there was a way to link back to a Confluence page in code comments and if the URL could be shorter. If the part of the tiny link that follows the /x/ is the part that's unique....

Example /x/1YQkRw

Unique characters are 1YQkRw

...it seems a developer could include just the unique characters in a code comment to be able to refer to a specific wiki page. Sorta like Google Maps unique location codes.

But, if the /x/ part is sometimes different, then the whole /x/1YQkRw string would need to be used.

And yes of course, they could also use the unique page ID number (such as 1193875434).

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Michelle Rau good - I have yet to see a tiny url /x/ is different character. I went ahead and checked several pages on my end and I haven't encounter something different.

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2021

That is good to know. I didn't know if it indicated a type of page, or a type of permission.

Like Benjamin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events