Does Outlook Integration with JIRA plugin works on Google Chrome or this plugin can only be used with Microsoft IE

Amir Vegdani November 24, 2014

Hi,

I am looking to integrate Microsoft Outlook with JIRA and I have seen this Plugin name "Outlook Integration for JIRA". I would like to know if I can only use this plugin on Microsoft IE or it can be used on Google Chrome as well. Also I am looking for complete step by step installation guide if this is possible on Google Chrome.

Thanks

Amir Vegdani

1 answer

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2016

Sorry for the late reply, we did not "watch" the tag outlook-integration.

Outlook Integration for JIRA is an Add-In for Microsoft Outlook. In some cases it uses an embedded browser which based on the Internet Explorer. Just like the Internet Explorer is used to render your e-mails in Outlook. You will not even notice, that this is an Internet Explorer at all. However, However, to answer you question: The embedded browser cannot be replaced by Google Chrome. As we do not see a need in replacing it right now, there are also no plans on changing it. If you have any further questions, feel free to open a ticket at https://servicedesk.catworkx.de/servicedesk/customer/portal/4

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events