Do I need to pay the plugin price for all my users in my company account? Or to a subset of them?

Marcelo Salloum May 23, 2018

There are a few Confluence or Jira plugins that I'd like to use, but I always avoid doing so because I fear the pricing will be applied to all users in my company account.

For instance, I'd like to use plugin X, which costs 5 usd/user/month and I'll be the only one using it, although my company has 60 accounts.

In that case, can I configure the add-on so I'll pay for one user only (5 usd/month), or am I requested to pay for all users (300 usd/month)?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2018

Hi Marcello,

the plugin license has to match the Jira / Confluence license tier. So, yes, you have to buy a license for the plugin for all of your licensed users.

Marcelo Salloum May 25, 2018

Thank you, @Thomas Schlegel

4 votes
Ralf Becker May 4, 2022

This is ridiculous - on the one hand you want all processes built in Atlassian apps - on the other hand you are forced to license software for people who do not need this. This is e.g. we will walk away from TEMPO TIMESHEETS. 

Federico Sangati December 21, 2022

Totally agree!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events