Do I need to install Exalate to both source and destination instances?

굠kang June 29, 2021

I have a question with Exalate installation.

If I want to have one-way sync btwn two different instances, am I supposed to install the product to both instances? 

Or is it just OK to install the plugin only to the source instance (or maybe to the destination instance)?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

2 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

@굠kang ,
Thank you for posting in the Community.

You will need to download Exalate in both Jiras.

Once you have created a connection between the two Jiras, you can select which way do you want the information to flow. It could be biderctional, A to B or B to A (you can also adjust the flow per field)

This guide should help you get it configured:

Let me know if this answers your question,

Jose Lobo
PreSales Engineer at Exalate

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

Hi @굠kang,

yes, your understanding is correct. You need to install Exalate in both Jiras - or did something change recently, @Exalate team?

If you haven't decided for Exalate yet and looking for this requirement, you could have a look into our solution Backbone Issue Sync which is offering a remote license model so that you don't need to install it on the other side. You can read a full scenario description how it works in our docs.

If you need additional help, our team is also happy to help you via support.k15t.com.

Cheers,
Matthias

PS: If it wasn't obvious enough, I'm part of the Backbone Issue Sync team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events