Display similar titles to user while typing title on confiforms

Amir September 29, 2021

Hi. Is there any way to display similar titles of previous records to user while user is typing.

I have a form for question and answers and I want to show users similar questions to user while he/she is typing the question like this community

Is it available with confiforms or javascript?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2021

Interesting enough, I have seen your question earlier and even asked some details from you

Found the notification in my email box, but the question is gone from community... together with the answer...

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Display-similar-records-while-creating-new-record/qaq-p/1816329

Weird stuff.

Anyway, how do you define the "similar" and how do you plan to show the "similar"? Like, while typing you want to show something somewhere?

Amir October 2, 2021

I think with the current version of confiforms, there is no way to display similar titles while typing under the field (like this community).

I want to deploy this field with "a readonly or any other field + rules for fields + excute on user action" to display similar titles with filters like: *[entry.Title]*

I think this is the simple way. But if I could do it with combination of javascript, maybe it could be better.

And "similar" is any definition that is easy for deploying. It's better to define a more accurate algorithm.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2021

Have you considered to use dynamic dropdown? To set it up so that it points at itself (to lookup for values)

you need to add a field definition of this type, then save page and reopen it to edit the fields configuration again (so it will allow you to point it at itself)

Like Amir likes this
Amir October 2, 2021

It's true. But I want to prevent users selecting existing records. I just want to show them to avoid making duplicate content. Is it available?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2021

Have you tried this field type? It is not about "selecting" - it is about auto-suggesting

Like in google search - users are not required to choose from what is offered, but could see the options

Alex

Like Amir likes this
Amir October 2, 2021

OK, I will try it now. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events