Display links in email sent by automation

Nicole Baratta March 16, 2022

I'm trying to get specific links to show in an email sent by an automation, but I'm having no success. I've read a lot of other posts here and it seems like I should be able to get the links either by using {{issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}} (which is blank) or {{issue.issuelinks}} (which is showing gibberish). 

Ideally, I'd want it to be just the links under 'is documented by', but even if I can show them all that's something.

Rule:

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 11.15.28 AM.png

Resulting email:

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 11.15.19 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Hi @Nicole Baratta 

What exactly would you like to see in the email? Issues that are linked to the triggerIssue?

Best
Stefan

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

To really filter for only special link type either lookupIssue (not available on server) or maybe an api webhook would be necessary 🤷‍♂️

Nevertheless if its sufficient to have all inward links --> the following rule worked:

image.png

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best
Stefan

Nicole Baratta March 17, 2022

I think all outward links would be okay, so let me try this.

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Nicole Baratta March 17, 2022

Thanks, this worked! 

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2022

Hi @Nicole Baratta ,

There was a suggestion within a question that I thought might be interesting for this special problem you had. Please see the answer from @Sam Harding in following post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Display-linked-issue-in-comments/qaq-p/1970049

Best
Stefan

Like Nicole Baratta likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events