Display Time in Status in a Filter or Dashboard

vojko pahor December 20, 2020

This is still unsolved question in the community.

I am using a dashboard with filters on issue states. In the dashboard importing the filters, It would be useful to display how much time the ticket is in that state.

4 answers

3 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 21, 2020

Hi @vojko pahor 

For the cloud jira version are many tools for this needs (time in status gadget in the jira dashboard), one of them is Time in status for jira cloud.

For server version Time between statuses app, lets view status transitions time. But for now, this data isn't available for the dashboard.

Hope you will find the solution.

Regards

1 vote
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 21, 2020

Hi @vojko pahor , welcome to the community !

Unfortunately, it is not a built-in functionality in Jira. Status time needs calculation on the history of the issue and JQL(aka Filters) can not make calculation based on issue historical data.

At Bloompeak, we developed Status Time app for this exact need. It provides various reports and one of them is time spent on each status.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports(eg. average in progress time per project).

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try.  If you are looking for a free solution you can try the limited version Status Time Free app.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
December 21, 2020

Hi @vojko pahor ,

You can use Enhancer Plugin for Jira to calculate and show the Time in status.

The Time in Status Custom Field lets you track the amount of time spent in selected status(es). It can be configured to work against a specific working calendar.

The custom field simply displays the total time passed during the selected status(es). This field is searchable/sortable.

cf-statustimer-4.png

Alternatively, you can use Time to SLA for this. It has a live SLA panel and dedicated custom fields that you can add in gadgets, queues and track the elapsed time. It also has one of a kind TTS search functions.

image2020-2-2_22-37-14.png

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm one of the members of the Snapbytes team.

0 votes
Dominik Pertl December 20, 2020

Hi @vojko pahor

have you tried to konfig a SLA for the projekt? You can show the current SLA Time on every filter. I am also using the SLA to see how long it takes to solve the tickets and i use the officiell time (they have to put the time in every ticket) my agent's need to solve a ticket. Both i can export on a filter.

I hope this helps you to solve your problem.

Kind regards

Dominik

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events