Disadvantages of Ceptah Bridge and The Connector plugins

Ruba ElNasser January 7, 2019

Hi All,

We are in the intention of making a decision of using any of the these plugins (Ceptah Bridge and The Connector) in which to integrate MS project with JIRA , the crucial point we depended on while searching is the direct sync between Ms Project and JIRA and we found out these two plugins but I would like to have the  feedback of anyone who used any so we have that background when making our final decision.

Ruba 

2 answers

0 votes
Helene Martin September 11, 2023

Hello Ruba, great to hear about your experience. I don't find Ceptah Bridge user friendly. Unfortunately there are not many competitors (or the software is way too expensive for my company). I just want to synchronise start date and finish date in a bi directional way Jira <-> MS project and MS<->Jira 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks 

Helene

0 votes
David Crowley September 30, 2019

Hi Ruba,

I was wondering which product you selected.

I have the same decision to make.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Ruba ElNasser September 30, 2019

Hi David,

After several comparisons, we came up to the conclusion of choosing "Ceptah Bridge"

Like Sheri Moreau likes this
David Crowley September 30, 2019

Hi Ruba,

Thanks for the reply.

I have used the Ceptah Bridge 30 day free trial and I found it very customizable - certainly to a level that you can design a working process. I have only viewed the demo videos for the Connector.

May I ask your main reason(s) for choosing Ceptah?

Thanks again,

Dave.

Ruba ElNasser September 30, 2019

Here is the summary of why we chose Ceptah, the main point which was a crucial one that we wanted immediate synchronizations between changes happened on tasks in Jira or deliverables in Ms Project to be synced and reflected at the same time.

Import and Synchronisation

Depending on the business scenario, issues can be imported into Microsoft Project and/or MS Project tasks can be published in JIRA. Then the data can be synchronised as required.

Preview of Changes

Ceptah Bridge shows a detailed preview of all the changes that it is going to make. You can even reverse the direction of synchronisation for a particular field on the spot if required (the Due Date is crossed out in the screenshot and the Finish field on the MS Project side is added instead).

JIRA to MS Project Synchronisation Rules

The rich set of mappings allows tailoring the product for the specific needs of each project or business process. The mappings define how particular issue fields, links and worklog entries are synchronised, including the direction of synchronisation.

Exporting Settings

The settings can be saved in a file and imported into a new project or used to run the tool in a command-line mode.

Direct link to this plugin:

https://www.ceptah.com/

Side notes

Ceptah Bridge can work with Project Online, but to access it  needs a desktop client. In other words, it will work with Project Online Professional and Project Online Premium out of the box, but if you have Project Online Essentials, a desktop client such as Project for Office 365 or MS Project 2016 will need to be procured in addition to Project Online Essentials.

Import from JIRA to MS Project, issue creation and bi-directional synchronization

Dependency: set  predecessors in MS Project based on issue links in JIRA using the Issue Link Mapping

Flexible mappings and extensive JIRA fields support, including JIRA Agile features, issue links and Tempo plug-in fields.

JIRA Users Import

JIRA users can be imported into MS Project as resources and assigned to selected tasks. It retains the association between the original user and the new resource and uses it during subsequent issue synchronisation.

Like # people like this
David Crowley October 1, 2019

Thank you Ruba for your very informative summary.

Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dave

Like Ruba ElNasser likes this
Mark Horton September 21, 2022

Hi Ruba, it has been awhile since your review above, can you provide an update on how well you liked ceptah, and anything of note after using it for an extended period, or did your team abandon for some reason?

Respectfully,

Mark 

Jeanne Higgins December 7, 2022

Hi.  I am trying to connect Ceptah Bridge to Jira Cloud. but I am getting an Error of "Error:The remote Server returned an error. (401) Unauthorized".  Does anyone know why I am getting this.  I posted today to see if I can get any help on this.  I am just trialing MS Project and Ceptah Brdige and only have until 12/12/22 to get this working.  I also posted at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Ceptah-Bridge-Connecting-to-Jira-Cloud-Error-The-remote-Server/qaq-p/2211131#M236446

Sergey Gussak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hi Jeanne,

Most likely, you are entering your actual password in the connection settings. Please click the API Key link, generate an API Key and use it as the password.

If the issue persists, please contact us at support@ceptah.com.

Regards,
Sergey

Jeanne Higgins December 28, 2022

I finally got it working.

Jona Marie Melgar March 4, 2023

Hello, I am trying to connect project (web-based) to JIRA but I am not able to open the Ceptah bridge after I installed it. Kindly help advise how to proceed. Thank you!

Regards,

Jona

Sergey Gussak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2023

Hi Jona,

Ceptah Bridge is an MS Project Desktop add-in. You will find in in ADD-INS > JIRA in MS Project Pro. To synchronise an online project, you need to open it in the desktop client.

Regards,
Sergey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events