Diagramming Apps in Confluence: Updates to Your On-Prem Server Options

This week, Lucidchart pulled their OnPrem for Confluence App from the Atlassian Marketplace—but will continue to support it through Jan 6, 2021. If you’re a Lucidchart server user, that’s a pretty big deal.

Your on-prem options in the Atlassian Marketplace are awesome because they put security first. Being able to draw a diagram within your organization’s Confluence instance is not only convenient, but also secure. So, if you’re a Lucidchart user juggling data or ideas best kept under lock and key, you’ve got a big decision to make in the next few months.

Option 1: Use Lucidchart’s Diagram Connector

If your team is absolutely hooked on Lucidchart, they’ve still got a workaround you can use! This connector won’t allow you to natively draw diagrams in Confluence, but with a few clicks, you can pull your Lucidchart diagrams into your page. 

However, using this connector tool requires one of their Team accounts from outside the Atlassian ecosystem to build your diagrams. That comes with some unique bells and whistles, but losing that native integration could be a dealbreaker.

Option 2: Check Out Your Native Atlassian Options!

If a connector for Confluence just won’t do, there are a few great alternatives. (Obligatory disclaimer: Gliffy is one of them, and I work for Gliffy!) Clicking around, I don’t think there’s an app that allows for a direct Lucidchart import, but most of your options will allow you to export a Lucidchart file to a compatible file type, like .vsdx, then import your diagrams to the new tool.

From there, you can start weighing pros and cons — you’re the expert on what your business needs! As for Gliffy, we’ve got a free trial of our server app waiting for you and we’re happy to answer any questions you’ve got along the way.

4 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Devin Sanders January 8, 2020

From what I understand, draw.io has a one click, mass Lucidchart on premise importer.  Might want to check that out.

Like # people like this
John Almeida January 8, 2020

@devinsanders to my understanding, Draw.io has a one-click Gliffy mass importer but not one for LucidChart OnPrem.

EDIT: I've been corrected! David shared a screenshot showing that they have that functionality tucked in there somewhere.

Like # people like this
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

Screenshot 2020-01-08 at 21.09.09.png

Like # people like this
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

@devinsanders Great find! That feature's not shown on their server listing right now — it could come in handy. :)

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events