Delete comment automation

Jenny Aharonov September 23, 2020

Hello,

Today we have automation when Request is created => relevant Epic is opened.
And every new comment (this is a trigger) in the Req. will be automatically added to Epic comments. 
Today I want to make reverse automation.
When the client deletes his comment in Req. to automatically delete the comment as well in the Epic.

How to make automation when in the Request comment has been deleted - to delete the comment in the Epic as well?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2020

Hey @Jenny Aharonov ,

Thanks for getting in touch. An excellent question this. It may be possible, however, before I can figure that out, could you provide me a screenshot of your comment rule so I can see how you're auto adding the comment to the Epic?

Cheers,

Simeon.

Jenny Aharonov September 23, 2020

Hey, @Simmo Thank you for your reply. Please see the screenshots below.comment epic1.pngcomment epic2.png

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2020

Hi @Jenny Aharonov ,

Thanks for the screenshot. I've had a look and a bit of a play with it but I'm afraid I don't think its going to be possible to do with your rule setup.

The issue is that we can only delete comments by ID at this stage. And it could be quite difficult to figure that out if they delete a comment that is in the middle of all the comments.

Cheers,

Simeon.

Like Jenny Aharonov likes this
Jenny Aharonov September 26, 2020

Thanks for your efforts!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events