Deactivate history for custom field

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2012

Hey

Im currently working on a custom field. Its date field based on other fields.
I don't want any history info for this field, because its no a field users can set directly. they change it, when the change other fields on the Issue. But the information still needs to be saved in the database, so i cant implement it as a calculated field.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2012

In the custom field implementation, override getChangeLogValue method and return null.

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2012

Ah... Almost to simple. thanks.
I also want to "hide" the field from the activity stream. You know how to do that?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2012

Never tried it. Must be something for the Activity Stream plugin!

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2012

Ok. But thanks.
The other think worked!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events