Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Date format issue - Stagil Tables Edited

Hi,

We are using the app: Stagil Tables to have fields with tables properties. This is a comercial licence and we found the following error:

For date fields, we can't add the first 9 days ( 1 to 9) because we have an date format error:

We need to add 01, or 02, or 03....

this field only can be used selecting the dates in the calendar pop up window. Selecting a 1 digit day, fill in the box with:  1/MM/YYYY.

Can can not add the 0 before the 1 manualy.

This was raised to support and got the following feedback:

"I must confirm that our custom field works like a normal Jira date picker field and the dates between the 1st ad the 9th are represented with only 1 digit."

It already passed 3 months and there is no available solution at the moment, even they are saying "Next sprint" always.

At the moment, I have  hunders of fake dates due to this issue.

There is someone here to help?

ou look and feek is configure acording att picture.

ScreenHunter_9432 Mar. 03 12.33.jpgScreenHunter_9433 Mar. 03 12.33.jpgScreenHunter_9434 Mar. 03 12.35.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Humberto,

I think I see the problem here.  The field in questions is requiring that dates have two digits, but the picker is only supplying a single date here.  I can see you provided a screenshot of the look and feel screen, but this setting doesn't determine how the date picker works, it only controls how date values that have already been saved to Jira display.

To fix this, you will need to go into the Cog Icon -> System -> General Configuration -> Advanced settings.  You will need to change the two xxx.picker.javascript.format entries there that are using the %e and change that to %d.  You don't need to change the xxx.java.format entries there. Javascript handles dates a bit differently than Java.  There is a little Javascript cheat sheet I like that also explains this over in https://devhints.io/datetime

I also took a screenshot of my configuration that makes my date picker supply 2 digit dates always.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 1.29.11 PM.png

I hope this helps.

Andy

I need to offer you a beer... 2... 3...

Awesome, it works.

App provider is still working in a solution since some months ago...

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Mar 17, 2020

Let's share this solution with them.  Perhaps they didn't know the problem was in regards to a configuration step in Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

284 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you