Date changes with links

Dmitry October 11, 2021

Hello! I tried to search for my problem, but couldnt find any solutions.

How can I move the whole line of epics by just pulling one epic to another date in case it's linked? Just like you can do on the Structure app or Big Picture app when you pull anything linked on Gantt diagram? Do I have to create rules for this, or Jira has built-in functionality?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Hi @Dmitry 

Can't say that I comprehend 100% your problem. Are you referring to jira's roadmap? Any screenshot of what you currently have, or what you are trying to accomplish, it would be of great help.

Dmitry October 11, 2021

I meant rescheduling dependencies. If a "blocking" task's due date is adjusted to be later, it should automatically move the start & due date of the connected 'waiting on' tasks by the same amount of time

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

Thank you for clarifying this @Dmitry . Issue linking do not provide such functionality. Writing rule for moving dates would be one way to go. The other would be to use an app from the marketplace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events