You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I just upgraded Jira to version 8.16.1, but the custom ScriptRunner validator that I wrote doesn't work anymore, the error message doesn't appear in the Customer Portal.
I tried also with a Simple Scripted Validator linking it to the description, but the error is the same.
throw new InvalidInputException( "ERROR MESSAGE.")
Hi @Luca Andreatta,
If you intend to use the Simple Scripted Validator, you do not need to return the InvalidInputException. It only requires a boolean response, i.e. something like:
issue.projectObject.key == 'XYZ'
If you intend to use the InvalidInputException, you should use the Custom Script Validator instead.
Could you please paste a print screen of your validator configuration for more information?
Thank you and Kind Regards,
it doesn't work also with Simple Scripted Validator and the configuration is very simple, so I don't think that this could be the problem.
I checked instead the version of Jira Service Desk and I saw that it is still an old one, but I don't see any way to upgrade it as written in the official guides:
I upgraded manually Jira Service Desk to Jira Service Management 4.16.1.
The official guide (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/upgrading-jira-server-976161476.html) wasn't right for me.
Now things got better, but I still have a problem because the error message now appears on the top of the screen, but there is an added message that the custom field has not been found:
The field with ID Cod. OPEC is required on screen but it's been deleted.
This is how I threw the Exception (cf is the custom field object from the issue itself):
throw new InvalidInputException(cf.name, "Il "+customFieldName+" deve avere "+length+" caratteri.")
As you can see this is not true:
I know that I can remove the customfield name parameter from the InvalidInputException constructor, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.