Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Validator exception doesn't work on Jira 8.16.1 in Customer Portal Edited

I just upgraded Jira to version 8.16.1, but the custom ScriptRunner validator that I wrote doesn't work anymore, the error message doesn't appear in the Customer Portal.

I tried also with a Simple Scripted Validator linking it to the description, but the error is the same.

import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException

throw new InvalidInputException( "ERROR MESSAGE.")

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @Luca Andreatta,

If you intend to use the Simple Scripted Validator, you do not need to return the InvalidInputException. It only requires a boolean response, i.e. something like:

issue.projectObject.key == 'XYZ'

If you intend to use the InvalidInputException, you should use the Custom Script Validator instead.

Could you please paste a print screen of your validator configuration for more information?

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Ram

Hi Ram,

it doesn't work also with Simple Scripted Validator and the configuration is very simple, so I don't think that this could be the problem.

I checked instead the version of Jira Service Desk and I saw that it is still an old one, but I don't see any way to upgrade it as written in the official guides:

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-05-12T07-11-00.630Z.png

Hi Ram,

I upgraded manually Jira Service Desk to Jira Service Management 4.16.1.

The official guide (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/upgrading-jira-server-976161476.html) wasn't right for me.

Now things got better, but I still have a problem because the error message now appears on the top of the screen, but there is an added message that the custom field has not been found:

The field with ID Cod. OPEC is required on screen but it's been deleted.

This is how I threw the Exception (cf is the custom field object from the issue itself):

throw new InvalidInputException(cf.name, "Il "+customFieldName+" deve avere "+length+" caratteri.")

As you can see this is not true:

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-05-12T08-22-50.563Z.png

I know that I can remove the customfield name parameter from the InvalidInputException constructor, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Like Luca Andreatta likes this

Many thanks John, I will wait for the bugfix.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New cloud apps roundup - June 2021

Since our last roundup in April, Atlassian's Marketplace Partners have added over 100 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help your teams work more efficiently. Let’s take a quick look a...

458 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you