Custom Fields do not appear or populate on a Cloned Subtask

Chris Volker April 29, 2015

I have a user who has created a "parent" issue, then a subtask.  The fields populate to the subtask.  They next CLONE the subtask and the fields do not appear on the cloned subtask.  I have checked the workflow post functions which do have the correct post functions to "copy" the field values from the "parent" issue but the more I'm reading about how subtasks and clones work, it appears that field values are not copied to the clone of a subtask.  To have those fields appear and populate it appears I would need a plugin such as Clone Plus or Misc Workflow Extensions (Copy Value from Field to field - before transition happens) at the Create Step.  Has anyone else worked through this?  Am I understanding the behavior correctly for cloned fields from a subtask?  Thanks for the help and advice. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bondarevskiy April 29, 2015

if you dont want to buy Misc Workflow Extensions

you can try scriptrunner and create script postfunction that copy all values on clone step https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Chris Volker April 29, 2015

Thanks much! I appreciate a second opinion that clarifies what I am seeing with the behavior!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events