Custom Field Value customization

Jane Kao August 20, 2021

Hi, I would like to have a flexible option on custom fields. I have 2 requests :

1. Custom fields : Team and Assignee. Team is a single choice between A and B. Assignee is a single choice of several name (eg. Amy or Tom). Amy belongs to Team A and Tom is in Team B. So my question is when I select Team A, can the Assignee field automatically show Amy's name or whoever is in Team A as the selection list ?

2. Custom fields : Product Type and Product Detail. Same objective here, product type is Games and Platforms. Games consist of 1, 2, 3,4,5 details, platform consists of x y z as product detail. So when selecting Games, the next field "product detail" only shows up 1,2,3,4,5 as selection list.

I would like to the field drop down list to be reactive to the Team or Product Type that I select. Hoping to get some advise here. Thank you

Regards,

Jane

1 answer

0 votes
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2021

@Jane Kao  Try cascading type of custom field

Jane Kao August 22, 2021

Hi Ashu, Thanks for the suggestion, may i know if there's any documentation on cascading ? Thank you

Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2021

@Jane Kao  You can google the doc, It is quite simple go to custom fields select cascading type custom field and then customize it.

It will allow you to set different dropdown values for different set of parent values in same field

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events