• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Field JQL for story and sub-tasks

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a JQL which will easily help us filter out all stories and subtasks with a custome field "Stream" which are are using for our project. There are 4 different teams working on the same product and we're looking for effective ways to filter out our active sprint stories. The query we're currently using is: 

project = ProjectName AND Stream = S1 ORDER BY Rank ASC

It does the job when it comes to stories, but at the same time it filters out all sub-tasks which don't use this field. Of course, we could try adding this field and ensure it's added to each sub-tasks as well and I think that would do the trick? However, I was curious if there is any other JQL which would allow me to ensure if filters stories and sub-tasks for only our stream without adding a "Stream" field to sub-task issuetype. The solution which works on a project or a board level is welcome. 

Thanks a lot

1 answer

Hi Michal,

Sadly you cannot achieve the desired search using standard features on Jira, you must go for a third-party app instead. Using i.e. JQL Booster Pack you can type the following:

1) Query for issues having a given value or their subtasks

( type = Story AND project = ProjectName AND Stream = S1 ) OR ( issue IN subtasksOf(' type = Story AND project = ProjectName AND Stream = S1 ') ) ORDER BY Rank ASC

(*) Note that this is just an example, you must tune above query to fit your needs.

Using this app you can also query other issues relations, check:

References:

Hi Jack, 

Thanks a lot for the answer :). Yeah, I thought that might be the case that I'd need to resort to a third party app, but it's always worth trying to hear from more experienced members of Atlasssian community! 
Have a good one!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Do Not Lose your Customer’s Trust

Missing deadlines is one of the biggest problems every team lead wants to avoid when dealing with managed services. When the customer contracts your company to help with IT services it is expected th...

312 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you