Custom Charts: Issues in Status over a time period

Craggeh April 24, 2023

Hi guys,

I'm using Custom Charts by Oldstreetsolutions and I'm looking to produce a 1D line chart that plots the number of tickets in a specific status (or list of statuses) over a date range.

E.g. A count of issues in the status "To Do" every day for the last 30 days. X-axis: Date, Y-axis: Count.

I feel like this should be straightforward but setting "Chart By" to "Dates" only - for what feel like pretty good reasons - lets me group by date changed fields rather than JQL. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious!

Any help greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Craggeh 

I feel like you'll have more success using the 2D line chart and hiding the statuses you do not need to see visualized on your dashboard. With 2D, you can set both metrics separately (Chart by Date, Group by Status Category).

You can see an example here: https://ossapps.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CCFJ/pages/963182710/2D+Line+Chart

Of course, you can always raise a support request with your exact use case, and our technical professionals will assist you right away! :)

Craggeh April 25, 2023

Hi Teodora, thanks for the response! Just before I create a support ticket unnecessarily I wanted to ensure I understand how things are set up.

Your example appears to show - of the issues created in the months shown on the x-axis - here are the status categories they're currently assigned to. E.g. of the 164 issues created in June 2022, 24 are still in progress but we've closed the rest.

Apologies if I've misunderstood that!

Using the same dataset what I'm hoping to see is e.g. on 01-Jun 2022 00:00 there were items in "To Do" ... tracked across a period such that I have 01-Jul, 01-Aug etc.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks,

Craig

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

You are welcome, Craig! 

So I checked with our technical team and for getting detailed historical data, you would need a feature that is still not present in Custom Charts. However, due to amount of requests, the teams are working on prioritizing and implementing it:

https://ossapps.atlassian.net/browse/TRACC-88

You can follow the progress of the ticket. And you can open a request to our team at any time, they can offer you a workaround or additional ways to report on these metrics, including recommending another marketplace app (if needed).

Craggeh April 26, 2023

Thanks Teodora, I'll keep an eye on it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events