Cucumber report import not working as expected

SLIMANE AYMENE TAIB April 11, 2021

Hello, 

i'am trying to import a cucmber test execution result into an X-RAY test execution ticket,

when i import the result (the JSON file) of the execution, even if the test is PASS the state of the X-ray test exec is automatically  set  "TO DO" State.

is there a way to manage this?

and if someone have an example of the JSON report that changes the state of the ticket with the cherking file, that will be helpful !!

Xray_test_exec.JPGcucumber_report.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

Hi @SLIMANE AYMENE TAIB ,

currently on Xray cloud it's not yet possible to automatically transition the Test Execution issue whenever some of the Tests are executed, or even whenever all have been executed. There are some workflow related settings  but not yet for this.

This is possible on Xray for Jira server/DC however.

I'd suggest reaching out Xray support team asking for this improvement, in order to support something like what is available for Xray server/DC:

In progress Test Execution workflow status

Choose what workflow status the test execution will transition to when a test run is executed.

Resolved Test Execution workflow status

Choose what workflow status the test execution will transition to when all the test runs are in a final status.

Resolution for Resolved Test Execution

Choose what resolution will be applied to the test execution. This option is only available if the Resolved Test Execution workflow status is not none. The resolution is only changed for status of type done.

Regards

Sergio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events