Creating a subtask does not send email to assingee

rakhi April 4, 2012

I am creating a subtask and when assign it to someone, emails does not go though. As a workaround we have to assign it to ourself then assign it to that person.

In the notification scheme we do have email going out for the assignees.

Issue Assigned (System)
  • Current Assignee

HELP anyone?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rakhi October 9, 2012

I found the problem, it was with the permission scheme. thanks for your help

0 votes
Allen Worthington December 5, 2018

I found the problem, it was with the permission scheme.
that is not very helpful. Can you please detail what exactly the problem was with the permission scheme? I found no solution to this, and my permission scheme is correct.

0 votes
rakhi October 9, 2012

I found the problem, it was with the permission scheme.

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2012
I'm not sure if Jira really raises the issue assigned event when the subtask is created. I tend to believe that the issue created event is raised and maybe this is handled differently in your notification scheme. To be 100 % sure which event is raised you should check the create transition of your subtask workflow. You should find the Issue created event in the post functions of the create transition. You could also change that to a custom event which is handled like the issue assigned event
0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2012

am creating a subtask and when assign it to someone

Do you mean, selecting the assignee while creating? Or using the 'Assign' iperation after creating?

rakhi April 4, 2012

w

Selecing the assignee when creating..

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2012

You need the current Assignee registered for 'Issue Created' event as well.

rakhi April 4, 2012

Jobin,

I tried resgistering the Current Assignee for Issue created and the mails are goign to the mail queue but none receives the emails.

Any idea??

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2012

Is it working for only the specific event? Any errors in the mail setup?

The role of notification scheme ends when the mails are going to the mail queue.

rakhi April 4, 2012

I found the problem, it was with the permission scheme. thanks for your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events