Creating a Web form in jira and performing actions

Pradeep A July 7, 2021

Hi, I'm working on a project. In which I need to have a webform in the activity menu. I need to access the info entered into that webform in a rest end point while clicking the submit button. Is it possible to send the information from the form created using script fragments to another script?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Technically, the Jira screens are already "web forms". 

Could you explain what problem you are trying to solve with this?  There's probably a much better way to do this than kludge in a whole load of code for a "form"

Pradeep A July 7, 2021

Hi let me try to explain my scenario.

I have written a script which creates a channel in Microsoft teams. The thing is I would like to run the script when I click a button created by script fragments. Also I want a input text box in which I would enter the name of the channel to be created. The entered name should be captured in the script I have written for the channel creation. 

Basically I want to run a script on a button click and access the information entered in the text box, while running the script

Pradeep A July 7, 2021

Here is a better example of what I'm lookin for.

For example: let's say I have a text box and a button. I need to display the information entered into the text box while clicking the button.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events