Creating Boards and rolling up tickets in columns

Sara Creenan _M_T_ May 8, 2020

Is there a way in Classic to have multiple boards and allow teams to add multiple columns and statuses but have their tickets roll up to the smaller list of columns and statuses?

I am trying to have a board for leadership with To Do, In Progress, In Review and Done only but also allow teams to have boards where they can be more granular with their columns and add things like In Design, In Testing, In Dev etc. 

When I created the additional board and columns the teams can move tickets to the extra columns but they do not display on the leadership board.

Can I use transitions or anything to be able to meet both leadership and the teams needs?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2020

Hi Sara,

A quick note first - an issue can only be in a single status, so it can't be in a granular status in one board and in a rollup status in another board. That may not be what you were implying but wasn't exactly for sure. 

So, there is a couple of ways to approach it. The issues can be in the granular status and appear in the granular boards in those columns/statues.

Then you can create the Leadership board that has just the four columns mentioned above with the names listed as the Column Headings, but then map all of the granular statuses to the appropriate column behind the scenes on the Leadership board.

That should get you what you need.

The other option would be to create Epics with statuses in just those Leadership statuses/columns you mentioned. Then just show the Epics on that board. The problem is that it would not show all of the tickets. 

So, option 1 above is your best choice in my opinion. 

Sara Creenan _M_T_ May 11, 2020

I tried to create a new board with the 4 columns and then created another board with the new columns and statuses but they do not show on both boards. Is there a way to show them on both boards?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2020

You have to map the statuses to the columns on the boards. 

Can you share a screenshot of the board settings with the columns for both boards?

Sara Creenan _M_T_ May 11, 2020

Never mind I figured out how to get it to work thank you for your feedback :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2020

Great! If that takes care of everything can you click on the Accept answer button above so we can close this one out? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events