Create of Xray test execution using Xray Api

DR June 4, 2021

Hello Team,

I am trying to create test execution and then to that test execution i am associating test via xray post api. this script is working fine from script console. but when i am trying to add this as post script function on my transition. Then the Test Execution issue is created but i am unable to associate it to Tests. it gives me 404 error. but if i try to associate test to it within seconds it runs succesfully.

Folllowed Xray Rest Api Post fucntions

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

Hi @DR 

The error "404 Not Found" is typically generated when the URL provided reaches a broken or dead link. The post function runs on the server-side, so I would suggest the first test the URL on a command line on the server where Jira is running. If you are running Linux, you can use the command wget.

Another option could be that if in the script the URL is built (concatenating string values), it might not be building the URL correctly when running in the post function due to some code issue, and so the URL executed it not the correct one (but a broken one).

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

DR July 1, 2021

@Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter 

Thanks for your help. Yes you are right the issue were not identified by the rest. So, I split the test exec creation and association in two different transition and it worked.

Regards,
DR

0 votes
Qautomation March 29, 2023

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events