Create new component in second project when created in my project

Greg Smith October 22, 2018

I am creating tasks in a Project B when issues are transitioned to a specific status in Project A.  I want to set the component in project B = the component in project A but cannot do so if the component does not exist in project B.

Using the Automation for Jira add on, is there a way to create a component in project B when I create a new component in project A?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2018

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately not, we have an open issue to create the component if it doesn't exist:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-229

It is unlikely we are going to get time to implement this in the short term though. 

Sorry,
Scott.

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2018

You could implement this using other apps though, such as JMWE or scriptrunner. 

Greg Smith October 24, 2018

Thanks.  I'm sure Scriptrunner would work but we don't have it licensed.  I will handle manually until it's added to Automation for Jira (if added). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events