Create linked issue when clicking clone

Nathaniel Tattersall August 27, 2021

I'm trying to find a way that when we clone an issue it automatically creates a link between the issue you have cloned and the newly cloned issue.

Clone.PNG

Link.PNG

I cannot find anything in automation in relation to when a I can find that when an issue is raised it can clone as we do that for a few tickets currently.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

Hello @Nathaniel Tattersall 

This is possible using Automation. Please refer to the below screenshot where you can create a clone as well as link it to the issue for which it is created. The trigger can be customised as per your business needs.

Please share if there are any further queries or accept the answers if it helps resolve the concern.

Clone+Link.JPG

Nathaniel Tattersall August 27, 2021

Hi Gaurav thank you for the reply! 

We currently don't have a specific issue type to specify what ticket will need cloning, currently how its done is a service request comes in for a new starter in our company we set it to a certain service and put the account details on that ticket, then we manually clone it for the hardware request e.g. laptop screes etc. but then we are having to manually link it to the ticket its been cloned from. 

Is the solution to have the new starter form as a separate issue type? As we don't want every issue raised in that type to be cloned. 

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

Hello @Nathaniel Tattersall 

As you mentioned that when the request is identified as a new starter, you set it to a certain service; are you setting this service in any of the fields in Jira?

If yes, then the Automation can be set to trigger whenever the value of that field is set to a certain service as required.

The below screenshot captures the trigger and condition for field values set to a particular value. You can customise it to suit your needs.

Please share if there are any further queries or accept the answers if it helps resolve the concern.

Field set to certain value.JPG

Nathaniel Tattersall September 2, 2021

Hi @Gaurav 

Thank you, i managed to set up a request type and the automation now works like a charm, thank you!

0 votes
Julien Peyrade @ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 30, 2021

Hello @Nathaniel Tattersall 

If you don't mind using another app, another solution would be to use the add-on Elements Copy & Sync, which lets you clone any issue and then automatically link it to your original issue.

This cloning can be done manually or automatically, so you will always know what tickets you clone and when.

I'm the Product Manager of this add-on, and I'll gladly answer any question you may have.

Regards,

Julien

Nathaniel Tattersall September 2, 2021

Thank you, this would work well as well! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events