Create issue automation fails to populate custom field

Kostadin Shishkov October 17, 2021

Hi everyone,

I have created a manual trigger rule to create a linked issue on another project, taking some of the fields of the original issue.

I try to populate summary, priority, and 3 customer fields(Operator, Vendor, Regulation). It populates only 1 of the custom fields (Regulation). The populated one is Multiple choice, while those that fail are Label type.

Both projects have all 3 custom fields, both projects have permissions for the automation users.

https://prnt.sc/1whcl7e 

Action details:
Create issue
Issues created successfully
OPD-1775
Unknown fields set during create, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -
Vendor (customfield_11801), Operator (customfield_11802)
Link issues
Successfully linked issues
OP-1035, OPD-1775
Is there a limitation to populate a label custom fields or am I missing something else?

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2021

The error message is telling you that the fields do not exist on the issue you are trying to update.

Either you're giving the automation the wrong fields to work with, or the fields do not exist for that project and issue type.  Try editing the issue to see if the fields are there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events