Create Ticket not working in Teams

Dan Birnseth August 7, 2020

We just installed the Teams addon and everything is working great except the Create Issue function.  When I try to create an issue we get a popup window with a spinning wheel that just spins and spins.  We are getting ticket notifications and are also able to issue assign and find commands to the bot.  Do you have any advice for getting the ticket creation to work?

Thank you for your help.  This is a great product!

-Dan

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Hi Dan - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

One thing to look out for is if the Project in Jira has additional required fields to create a record other than the standard 4 or 5 fields. Like if you have a custom field that is required to be populated to create an issue. Teams is not able to create records on those projects. 

I just checked out our ticket creation and it looks like we're only requiring the project, the issue type, & the summary.  Is one of these fields something that you'd see a problem with?  I was thinking the the Teams Ticket Creation screen would let me choose a project, issue-type, and type a summary (and hopefully other fields too).

Thank you for your assistance!

-Dan

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Those should not cause you any problem. But, yes, I think you have to map the exact project ahead of time to the project you are creating. 

You might need to open a support ticket with MS Teams to get those kinds of answers. 

Thank you for the feedback John.  I've just submitted a support request with SoftServe asking the same question.  I does make sense that I would need to configure somewhere what project my ticket is going into... unfortunately I can't find where that would be.  I'll update this ticket with the solution when I hear back from the vendor.

-Dan

Like John Funk likes this
Maru August 12, 2020

Hi Dan! Did you have any answer from support?

Dan Birnseth August 12, 2020

I did get a response, but not a solution (yet).  Below is what I received back....

Thank you for contacting Support Team!

We’re aware of the issue and are working on it.

In case we have any updates, we’ll let you know!

Maru August 12, 2020

Opss... I sent a message but I guess they'll answer me that! 

Bogeswari Challa August 17, 2020

@Dan Birnseth , Did you receive any solution to this problem? We are facing exactly the same problem.

Dan Birnseth August 17, 2020

Hi @Bogeswari Challa , I haven't received any more communication from the vendor and the feature still seems broken.  Instead, I created a tab within our teams channel that  links to the Create Ticket URL.   This isn't as nice since it makes you leave the chat, but hopefully we'll have the other feature going soon.

Dan Birnseth September 23, 2020

I received and update from the vendor and it looks like the problem is resolved.  My testing this morning was successful in creating new Jira tickets from within MS Teams.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events