Create Sprint button is disabled

Aditi Jain April 7, 2018

"Create Sprint" button is disabled even when the Parallel Sprint option is enabled and previous sprints are marked as completed.

Inspite of having Admin access, the button is disabled Also, the user have all the project level permissions.

Just to add, Initially the users were able to work on "Create Sprint", its only this time they are facing the button being disabled issue.

What could be the probable reason for the same and what settings are required to sort it?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2018

If you hover over the create button, there will the reason why the button is not enabled.

Aditi Jain April 8, 2018

It says " The board must be ordered by Rank in order to add a sprint.

And, we already have this filter in place "project = DMB ORDER BY Rank ASC"

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2018

Remove the order by clause and push Add Rank under the filter query setting.

Aditi Jain April 8, 2018

Sorry Alexey. I didn't get it. I can't see any Add Rank option while clicking on Configure Board.

We have JIRA version 6.3.15. Do we have this feature in this version?

Aditi Jain April 8, 2018

I think I got the reason why its disabled.

Read it somewhere, that there should only be 1 RANK field available.

But in our case, there were two Rank fields.

1st is the Custom Field: 'Locked' and does not have option to delete. ('Type': "Global Rank", No screens)

2nd (I think might be created by someone): As of now I just deleted it, not sure on its impact on other projects, but surely deleting this field has helped to enable the "Create Sprint" option.

Any idea, if deleting this Rank field will have any impact on other projects? Its 'Type' was 'Number Field" and also it was visible on screen "Report Automation-Gold".

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2018

I am not sure how you used the second field. I guess, it was added by you or another administrator. You should use for ranking the field, which is locked.

Aditi Jain April 10, 2018

I'm also not sure on this. Many users have admin privilege here, so someone might have done this.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2018

You should not give Admin permissions to multiple users

Aditi Jain April 10, 2018

Yes right, we usually don't give. But few Project managers have admin access from the beginning even before I started working in admin role for JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events