Create Issue - Not Working

Chad Cox November 13, 2020

I receive 'We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.' When attempting to create through Jira Service Management or through the support portal.

There's absolutely nothing in the logs when this happens... The only field I have as a required field is the default subject field and there's content in it. 

Anybody else seen this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2020

Hi Chad,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Could you please first confirm this is a cloud site? For Server this is a message that sometimes happens when an incompatible App came into the play (why checking logs in a good idea). On cloud, on the contrary, looking at the logs on a very basic level is not possible - this is why I ask.

More general:

• have there been updates of Apps lately?
  • do you have Apps installed? If so, could you please name them?
  • did you change something fundamental in the workflow(s) or other elementar configuration?

If it is really a cloud site it might have been a short disruption.

Please confirm kindly on the open questions and let us hear from you.

Cheers,
Daniel

Chad Cox November 15, 2020

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for responding. This is a cloud site.

• We don't have any apps installed
  • This is on a new project with a workflow that I copied from another project. The workflow works just fine in the other projects and has worked fine for 6 months now. 

I just made a project with the same workflow, etc. about 2 weeks ago and it works great. Made this new project a few days ago, with the same workflow, etc. and cant create a ticket.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2020

Thanks for clarification!

Please check for possible conditions and/or validators on the workflow that you are currently using.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/

In case there is a condition/validator you cannot say for sure what it is for you also can post a screenshot here to let somebody from Community have a lot. Probably you also could (temporarily) remove a condition/validator if there should be one in place.

From what you describe I believe there is some kind of condition/validator in place which is blocking the workflow for some reason.

Chad Cox November 15, 2020

I removed the rule on the create transition and it worked... no idea why as the same rule is used everywhere else. I never even thought to try that as a troubleshooting step as we use it in all other projects. I will eliminate the rule and play with it again once T have the project fully configured.

Thanks for your help!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2020

I'm glad this helped. You're welcome!

Feel free to mark my answer as "accepted answer" by clicking on the "Accept answer" button so other people with the same issue in future can find an answer faster.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events