Copy values from One Cascading Select List to Another Cascading Select List field

Sriharsha August 28, 2022

Hi Team,

I want to copy a value present in 'X' Cascading Select List Field to another Cascading Select List Field called 'Y'.

We use ScriptRunner for Jira.

Any suggestions pls.

Regards,

Sriharsha

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022
Sriharsha August 29, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , I want to copy from Parent to Parent.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

@Sriharsha when do you want to copy to it? You have to provide the whole context of your business requirement. Otherwise I could provide you with a false solution..

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ - When the issue is moved from one Status to another Status, I want to copy the existing 'X' field value to the 'Y' field in the same workflow.

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2022

And what is the ultimate goal here? I mean why copy it? And what's the point of having two identical fields on your instance?

Those are two different fields of same type (Cascading Select List).

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2022

So you have to different, but identical -value wise- fields?

Field A and Field B will have the below values (e.g)?

• Parent1
    • child1
    • child2
    • child3
  • Parent2
    • child4
    • child5
  • Parent3
    • child6

Field A And Field B have some common and some different Parent and child values - 

FYR - Pls find the attached ScreenshotsCS1.pngCS2.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events