Copy value the first time

Jaime Basco October 21, 2022

Hello,

I have created a rule to copy the value from field A to field B.
The problem is that I want this to happen only the first time you put value in field A, once the copy is done even if the value in field B is modified I do not want it to copy again the value that I have in field A.

Can someone help me to modify the automation rule so that it only makes the copy the first time.

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2022

Hi @Jaime Basco 

Are you using edit issue trigger? May be do it using a workflow transition instead and make sure that the transition can only happens once i.e. not use global transition.

Ravi

Jaime Basco October 26, 2022

Hello Ravi,

Sorry I didn't understand the answer.

Right now I have the rule to copy the value of the "Due date" field in the "End date" field.
But I only want it to be executed the first time the value is put in the "Due Date" and it must act for all the projects.

From what I have understood, you are telling me that the solution is to create a transition in each flow that is executed only once?

But we need the rule to be effective regardless of the state of the issue, we want it to be executed only when value is added to the "due date" for the first time in the issue.

I attach the rule WITHOUT the setting to only copy the value the first time.

rule copi value.JPG

I hope I have explained myself better now.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events