I am creating a related issue in my rule. During creation I try to copy some values to the new created issue.
The new issue was created as a related issue with the labels, summary and decription I wanted.
In addition to that I use 'copy from trigger issue' to set some of the fields in my created issue.
All fields stay empty after the rule fires on the create-trigger of the trigger issue. If I trigger a test rule doing the same things manually from that issue it works properly.
What am I doing wrong?
Yes I have an example. In this case the field is used to add to the summary.
As you can see I want to update the summary field with additional information from a custom (string) field. One of the two gets filled so that there is one more value after the dash sign.
It is not working with issue.customfield nor triggerIssue.
Thanks & best regards
the custom filed should be configured correctly as it works in other cases. Here the screenshot of the latest trigger:
As you can see the condition in the rule does not match. But when I create a filter with the same JQL condition it matches correctly.
By the way: I added another 'Re-fetch issue data' after I got the error.
I am using proFormaForms for Jira Service Portal to create the issue. The create trigger is the event that I am trying to handle. The If, then, else conditions are used to create other issues or to add the name to the summary.
I can confirm that the field is not empty as it is mandatory in this case to create the issue .
I tried to reproduce the error with different browsers but I could not. The error occurs only sometimes and I do not know under which conditions. It does not seem to be a browser issue - the issue is always created the right way. Only the conditions or smart values seem to make problems: The condition does not match, when I create the same condition as a filter it matches the issue.
Ah, I suspected as much. I ran into the same problem. :-)
I had to move the field out of the form and put it in the Request types Edit Fields part.
I suspect that the sync of the field when in Forms to the database field in Jira does not happen fast enough to be able to use the value from the database. Even with a Re-fetch - which is exactly what I tried. haha
But when I moved it from the Form to the Request types, it was able to copy it over in the Automation rule.
I need to let both the Automation folks and the ProForma folks know that. I have just been lazy to do it after I found the situation last week.
ok, this may be the reason it sometimes works sometimes not. If I understand the issue could be solved by a workaround:
Am I right with this workaround? And: Are you gonna inform the guys and open an issue for that?
Thanks & best regards
Yes, I will inform them today.
The problem is with number 2. I don't know how long that process takes for the issue to be completely created with the database fields all updated. So there is nothing that will cause the rule to wait for sufficient time until the DB field us updated to run the rule.
My work around is:
1. Go to Project Settings
2. Click on Request types
3. For the Request type affected, click on Edit fields
4. Click on the Request form tab
5. Click on Add field for the Visible fields section
6. Add the database field you will be copying from there
7. Go to the ProForma form and remove that field from your form so it doesn't show up twice.
8. Then your rule should start working - no reason t change it.
I understand your shown workaround. I assume that persisting the issue to the database will not take minutes ...!?
I need the form containing the field as I am using a lot of conditional logic to show sections of the form.
So I will try my workaround first and read the fields 'later'. If this also does not work I will follow your advice!
Thanks so far! I will let you know if I am successful.
I updated my process:
Today I had the first request: The rule run 4 minutes after the issue was created in the portal. All fields were filled but Firma - Name 1 not.
This is especially strange since the created issues also access the field and it runs correctly. I do not know if this is a proove that there seems something else wrong ...
I found the error after I changed the process as mentioned above:
one of the fields was not configured or was deleted from one of the screens. I think this was because I shared a sreen scheme with another project and the owner deleted it.
Sorry for the confusion! I will let you know if it works now.
I opened up a ticket at thinktilt. Some of the values from the form are not saved after hitting the create button in the portal.
So I edited the form saved it again and then submitted it. This way it works but you have to fill the values twice due to the error. It occurs with several different browsers.
Since our last roundup in April, Atlassian's Marketplace Partners have added over 100 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help your teams work more efficiently. Let’s take a quick look a...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events