Copy filed value from parent to child issue.

Jai Vijay February 26, 2020

I have a field in the parent ticket called as "Organization" (which is locked by my admin). I have a field in the child issue which is called as "Client". I am trying to update the client field with the data in the organization filed.  When a client ABC raises a ticket the Organization field automatically has the value ABC. The linked issue is created automatically which fetched all data from the parent but the client value remains empty.  Requesting help with this. 

1 answer

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2020

Which app are you using to create the linked issue? JMWE? ScriptRunner? Another?

Jai Vijay March 1, 2020

Thanks for the Response, I am using Automation for Jira, I have tried adding it as a filed and gave the option as "Copy from Issue" in the automation cycle but still, it doesn't work. FYI the parent ticket has a field name as Organization, whereas the linked issue has it as Client. I have tried changing the filed name and made them similar but still no luck. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events