Copy Value of (Select List - Single Choice) to nFeed Custom field and run query

Deleted user January 23, 2019

Hi - 

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere or if my question isn't spelled out.  I've been looking for an answer can't can't seem to find it.

Situation:

• I have a large dataset in MSSQL
  • I have created an nFeed custom field that queries the data set and provides a dropdown with values from a specific field in the database.
  • I then have two fields that do a lookup based on the initial nFeed custom field and display their information.

This all works as expected. 

I'd like to offer a user a set of limited choices (Select List custom field)but not put this limit in the nFeed custom field so I can re-use the larger query for other purposes.

Is there a way that I can have the user choose from a Select List custom field and then have that used to populate the look up fields by copying the select list results into an nFeed custom field?

How I'm trying to do this:

• Create a  Select List (Single Choice) with only the options I want them to choose from
  • In the Create transition, use the JSU Post Function"Copy Value From Other Field"  to copy the Value from the Select list into the nFeed custom field so then the query can pull the additional look up fields.

Desired Results:

Standard nFeed custom field populates with value from Select List single choice

nFeed look up fields populate with values based on look up from first nFeed Custom Field

Current Results:

• On create the select List value is being copied into the nFeed custom field
  • The query isn't fired so the lookup fields don't populate
  • When I click on edit to run the queries, the nFeed custom field is empty & no longer populated with the data copied my the JSU post function.  

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events