Consolidating my checklist items on a mixed checklist?

Luke Johannessen May 3, 2019

Hello everyone, 

I'm a Scrum Master new to JIRA and one of my developers would really like to see a running list of his checklist items off to the side, even though he has different stories to work on, and each story has multiple people tagged in each checklist. Is there an easy way to consolidate or filter by individuals and pull from multiple stories to make each item more visible?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

-Luke

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2019

Hi Luke,

Do I correctly understand that you would like to see a list of all checklist items in which the user is tagged/mentioned?

E.g.:

ISSUE-1 checklist:

[] item 1
[] item 2 @JackHunter
[] item 3 @JohnSmith
[] item 4

ISSUE-2 checklist:

[] item 1 @JackHunter
[] item 2

The consolidated checklist for Jack Hunter would look like:

[] item 2 @JackHunter (ISSUE-1)
[] item 1 @JackHunter (ISSUE-2)

Is this what you need? 

Let us know and we will try to help.

UPDATE: The list of assigned items is now available directly from the user profile. Read more

Thanks,
Jack

Luke Johannessen May 7, 2019

Hello Jack, 

Yes! That's exactly what they're looking for, and it would be so helpful if a consolidated list similar to what you laid out could be made visible to the developers. I greatly appreciate your response, any advice you could give I would be grateful for. 

Sincerely, 

Luke

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 7, 2019

Hi Luke,

So:

• We do not offer an exact solution to this problem. We have it on the roadmap and I have increased its rank given your interest. 
  • The currently available workaround (not very convenient though) is to use the Issue Checklist search functionality. It allows getting issues containing a checklist item with a user mention, e.g.,
    "Checklist Content YAML" ~ "@b0926e6a-bbb4-460e-a2c5-37811d"

The magic string inside the search is user AccountID (read how to find user Account ID).
    I hope it can work until we add the feature that I described in the previous comment. 

I will let you know when the new feature is ready.

Thanks,
Jack

Luke Johannessen May 7, 2019

Hi Jack, 

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for your great help in this matter, myself and my team are greatly appreciative of the information and advice. I look forward to hearing back when this feature becomes available!

Sincerely, 

Luke 

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
March 28, 2020

Hi Luke, 

The option to see all the checklist mentioning given user is now available. Please check our docs

It is read-only now and only Jira admins can see the list for other users. We will work more on that depending on the feedback gathered. 

I hope you will find it useful.

Thanks,
Jack

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events