Confluence pricing

Patricia Nguyen December 7, 2020

Hi,

If I want to use confluence for many projects (one project per website that I develop) and for each of theses projects I have around 10 users. How much would that cost ? Which option I have to choose (i am a little confused with the multiples choices). 

Thank you,

Patricia

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Welcome to the community!

Confluence does licences in tiers - up to 10 users, 11-25, 26-50, 51-100 and so-on.

Each different person you add counts towards your licence usage, and if you exceed it, Confluence will stop allowing edit until you reduce the numbers or get a new licence.

So the question for you is who your users are.  Let's imagine you have 5 projects and you always have 10 users per project to keep it simple - are they the same 10 people?  Or is it a total of 50 people?  Or is it 5 sets of people selected from say 24 people?

You can probably see where I'm going here - those three cases need licence tiers of 10, 50 and 25.  What I'm getting at is that the project breakdown is not important, all you need to do is count up the total number of different people who will need access and that will tell you what tier licence you need.

Patricia Nguyen January 11, 2021

Hi perfect ! 

So if we are 70 employees I need 70 licences. I can have 5 or 100 projects it will not change the price ? I have seen the premium access and a business one ? which one is better ?

Thank you,

Patricia

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Correct.  70 users = 70 licences.  With those users, 5 projects, 50, 100, 1,000 projects still all 70 licences.

Premium is "better" - it has more functions and support optons, but you should check if you need any of the offerings it adds over business

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events