Configuring Table Filter macro for usage with Page Properties Report: filter data out by default

Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

Howdy,

I am using Table Filter macro to filter out table data provided by Page Propeties Macro.

By default, all filters are unset and the Page Properties macro displays all the pages that match the configured metadata properties.

Next I am using the Table Filter macro so that my users could filter out unncessary output from the result table of Page Properties macro.

I would like to kind of invert the default behavior so that by default my users see no output ini the Page Propeties macro's table. Instead I would like them to first specify properties in the Table Filter macro before they get any output.

That would help to eliminate the clutter that distracts visitors due to the fact that they see all the pages output when opening the page with Page Properties Macro.

Is there any way to configure Table Filter or Page Propeties macro so that no pages are output in the Page Propeties report table by default? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

@Stan Ry,

The best workaround I can think of is have a blank value in one of your columns. You can then edit your table filter macro and set your default value for that column to blank. Users would then have to click the filter and add the necessary values to display content.

I kind of do this for project status column. I only display active status, then users have to click to display completed items.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events