Configuration of Device42 and Jira Service Desk

paul.mitchell March 9, 2020

Hi all.

I have a Jira cloud trial running with both Service Desk and Confluence and I’ve added the Device 42 connector for Service Desk and configured it and connectivity appears to be good.

The problem is that I can’t get Device42 to recognise my service desk nor can I get Jira to recognise Device42, i.e. I don’t see a way to connect a ticket to a D42 asset. The configuration guide seems to be for connecting a software project, not a service desk project despite saying “service desk” throughout. I can't locate the 'default field configuration' as illustrated in the screenshot. Is it because it's a different project type?

In Device42 I have the "Add Jira Issue" function in my asset pages but it doesn't detect any projects.

Has anyone got this successfully up and running? I’ve made the same request of Device42 support so hopefully someone will be able to assist.

Also, is there no Device42 for Confluence Cloud? It seems to be server only.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
paul.mitchell March 10, 2020

So the answer turned out to be very simple. The Device42 marketplace app isn't compatible with the next-gen service project (yet). I created a test Classic project and it worked perfectly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events