Configuration manager and custom field contexts

Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Hello.

We are using configuration manager to bring configuration changes from test server to the production one.

Even though it generates field contexts as crazy, it's not that inconvenient. The problem arises, when empty contexts (see image below) somehow appear.

We used <6.5.0 version before and I can't reproduce this behaviour with the 6.5.0 version. But after we upgraded to 6.5.0 this problem became evident (on the "Analyze" stage of snapshot deployment those contexts cause error and forbid to progress with the deployment).

Guess, my question is, have anyone witnessed same behaviour? Maybe someone can confirm that it's known behaviour prior to version 6.5.0 and now I just have to fix current contexts. 

PS. I know it's possible to manually match contexts now, but with lots of fields it seems like an impossible task. Also, we are planning to automate procedure using plugin's REST. So editing contexts again isn't possible.

PPS. guess, the easiest way to keep contexts safe is to create and deploy snapshot of a whole system, but it will deploy changes we might want to deploy later.

emptyContexts.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events