Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confiforms: output field result appearing twice

Hi everyone,

I've created a Confiforms form where with 4 user-selected fields (from field type "Checkbox Group") , an answer is generated using a textarea field that is hereinafter titled 'Response'.

I used "Confiforms Rules for Field Definition" to create combinations of these fields like:

Field name (or regular expression): field 1,field 2, field 3, field 4

Condition: field 1:a AND field2:* AND field3:a AND field 4:a

Action to execute: Set value

Values to set:  Response=The weather is good

There are multiple combinations specified through multiple 'Confiforms rules for field definition' macros, and I had hoped that a user would be able to access multiple answers through multiple combinations (fields 1 to 4 are checkbox group type). The problem that I am facing is that my Response field prints out the answer twice for each combination . When i try out the combinations individually, they work fine, but when i try to use the checkboxes to input more than one combination, the correct responses appear in my Response field twice in this order:

User Selection:

Field 1: a and b 

Field 2:a

Field 3:a

Field 4:a

Response:The weather is good.It is going to be sunny.The weather is good. It is going to be sunny. 

(First combination aaaa is supposed to have the response of 'the weather is good', and second combination baaa is supposed to have the response of 'it is going to be sunny'). 

Would anyone here be able to help? 

1 answer

Hi

This works as designed. You are setting multiple rules really, as you have a set of fields: field 1,field 2, field 3, field 4

Which means that you have at least 4 rules, with the same condition. If you dont set the rules to be executed only on user action then all rules are processed and when they match you see that the values for the field you are setting are concatenated. As ConfiForms finds multiple instructions to set the same field, with "some value". 

So, it concatenates the values and sets them all

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

671 views 7 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you