Confiforms detect empty database response

Javier L April 12, 2021

Hi there dear experts,

I have a Dynamic Dropdown database with 'Use as proxy' set. It works really fine but I would like to detect if there was no outcoming data from the query, and do something like showing another field or chaging the style of a field

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2021

You mean that you want to catch the event when nothing can be selected from the offered choices?

How this should work in your mind? 

Setting the ConfiForms Field Definition Rules to track the field is empty (and having an "action" performed) is not good?

Javier L April 22, 2021

There is a difference between 'there is nothing in the database' and 'the user has not put anything in the search yet' . Both cases the seach inbox is empty but they have complete differente meaning.

Thanks in advance

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

Still unsure where exactly do you expect these messages to be... Could you clarify?

Javier L April 26, 2021

When the user writes in the dropdown, is there a way to know in a variable such as [entry.anything]  what wrote the user?

For better understanding,

1. The user writes on the dropdown
  2. The dropdown returns nothing. Now there is no way to differentiate between input and output.
  3. Nevertheless, If exists, i can check on [entry.anything] what the user set in the dropbox.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events