Confiforms - How to use Dynamic Dropdown Webservice ?

Franck HOCHSTAETTER November 5, 2020

Hello it's me again,

I'm trying to use ConfiForms' Dynamic Dropdown but it seems that I'm not using it correctly.
I need to fetch dynamically labels from JIRA API, but it doesn't seems to actualize himself and query the API while I tap in the field.

Here's the configuration of the field:

Name: subproject
Type: Dynamic Dropdown (auto-suggested) - Webservice
Service URL: /rest/api/2/jql/autocompletedata/suggestions?fieldName=Sub-Project(s)&fieldValue=[entry.subproject]
Root to use: results
Field to use as "ID": value
Field to use as "Label": value

The connection with JIRA works perfectly cause I'm already using it for others field, and even more, when I'm trying to use this field and replace by something static, I've the expect result of the query.

Can you help me, thanks
Kind Regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Have you enabled "as proxy" option for this field? See more on https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Using+use+proxy+setting+in+dynamic+dropdowns 

Franck HOCHSTAETTER November 6, 2020

Hello, I tried but when I do so, I don't have suggestions no more.

Maybe it's related to this but I'm using an application link to Jira for the WebService

Okay it seems to work when I'm using custom authentification but not when using Application links on the webservice, is this a wanted behavior or a bug?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2020

Well, it's not a bug per se... With application inks we just use your account route the request through application link abstraction. And nothing else...

Are you sure this service is accessible when you access it through application link?

I think so because if I replace the Service URL:
/rest/api/2/jql/autocompletedata/suggestions?fieldName=Sub-Project(s)&fieldValue=[entry.subproject]
by:
/rest/api/2/jql/autocompletedata/suggestions?fieldName=Sub-Project(s)&fieldValue=test

I get every results that matches "test", but only when proxy disabled,

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2020

I am sorry this really hard to debug remotely and via community posts. Feel free to open a ticket with us https://wiki.vertuna.com/x/S4GW

And provide server logs with enabled DEBUG for our plugin, so we can help you to investigate the issue and get it resolved

Duly noted, I'll do this when I'll have the chance.

Thanks

0 votes
Rohit Rana February 27, 2023

Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ ,

I'm trying to use the Dynamic Dropdown (Webservice) type for selecting components based on Project selected by the user.

Not able to having the dropdown populated for reason for the components, below are the configuration I'm using.

image.png

Service URL - https://xxx.com/rest/api/2/project/[entry.project]/components

image.png

image.png

image.png

I have also checked that the Service call is correct and i'm also using proxy. Project contains 1 component at the moment, which is not showing up. Please help!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2023

Hi

Sorry, but this is far from correct

Have a look at this demo page on this subject in our wiki: page https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/Building+a+dropdown+field+in+ConfiForms+backed+by+webservice+call+to+Jira+Rest+API+-+components+field

Service URL must be relevant, and must construct a complete URL TOGETHER with the "web-service connection" defined URL

Also, you are missing mappings - what field from the components response to map as ID and what to map as a label

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events