Confiforms - Filter/View Data

Frank Rentef October 2, 2020

I have a Confiform built with dozens of records.

I wish to give the user a drop down box populated with the "Project Name" of each record, which they may select, then populating a custom view of all the fields in the form.

or....

have a searchable box on "Project Name" from which they could select, view all fields in the record in a custom layout.

Is there an example I can view for this?  I've tried searching the various knowledge bases without finding this exact scenario.

THNX

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2020

Hi

Of course you can filter the data stored within ConfiForms forms. Either by setting up the filter inside the view (TableView, CardView, etc) or by using ConfiForms Filter Control macro with a view to have a "view" filtered dynamically.

Alex

Frank Rentef October 5, 2020

Thnx, I'm looking for an example to allow selection of a record from a specific field, say "Name".  Then once the name from the list is selected, the entire record (all fields) are populated.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

Second link in my answer shows exactly how to do that... You setup a  "ConfiForms Filter Control" macro (+ add the ConfiForms Field for the field you want to use as a "filtering field") and add the view macro with detailed view of the field...

Really, check the link mentioned  earlier: https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Using+and+configuring+ConfiForms+Dynamic+Filter 

If you have any difficulties setting it up feel free to raise a support issue: https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/VERTUNA/Support+Request+Form

also, there is a way to use something called "ConfiForms EntryViewer" macro - see examples https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/Creating+links+to+specific+entry+with+ConfiForms+Entry+Viewer

An alternative way to show "record details"

Thnx, what I'm after is the Confiforms "Tab" method described at 

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Creating+tabbed+form+with+ConfiForms+and+Refined+UI+toolkit+UI+tab

However there is an error in the code (see screen shot below).

Confi Image.jpg

I was successful regarding getting a working model of the filter/view data on a single field, but I'm after populating many fields on a screen (or preferably tab).  The documentation for this appears to be from a prior version of Confi... but I was successful in following.  For this method I was user the Form Filter Control, then Table View.  However the Table View is rendering all the fields in a row and I'm after a custom view with fields both horizontal and vertical arranged in a custom order.  

THNX for the help.

Partial success, 

Configured a Form Filter Control with a single field in it "name"

Configured a List View with a custom layout inside a Confluence Panel macro.

At first the page returns all records (vertically) one after the other in the layout configured in the Panel macro.

If I search on "name" from the drop down, select "Filter", the single record chosen is correctly displayed in the panel.

How do I (at first) filter out all records.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2020

You add a filter (parameter) to your ListView to be something like

created:<0
Frank Rentef October 6, 2020

Thank you sir!

Andrei Neboian October 19, 2020

Hi, I am going to dock on this conversation because my question falls under a similar topic.

I am using Confiforms Cloud, but the Dynamic Filter does not seem to be supported yet, right? Is there an alternative way for someone to filter the table "on the fly" - i.e. a drop-down above the table or as a typical column filter we know from Excel?

Thanks

Like Isaac Castillo likes this
2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2020

Hi @Frank Rentef ,

Check the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app. This add-on works with the Confiforms perfectly well: you'll be able to use our Table Filter macro and filter your projects by names and any other parameters.

Here are several examples how to enhance Confiforms with filters, pivots and charts.

As you can see, the Confiform macro is wrapped inside the Table Filter macro and can be filtered like a plain Confluence table.

This is a third party app for $$$ it appears.  I am hoping to find a solution native to Confiforms.

THNX

Looking to search a field for a record, then once selected display all the fields in the record....

Anyone?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events