Confiforms: Emailing field titles/labels along with user submitted values.

Tao Craig November 12, 2020

I have a form with text fields and drop down menus. This form emails the selected values to an address but only the raw data is captured. I would also like to include the titles/labels of these fields in the email (without pre-populating the form). I've looked at the prepend virtual function but this pre-populates the form and can be erased by the end user.

For example, rather than:

Bob Dobbs

16GB

etc.

The email would look like the following:

User: Bob Dobbs

RAM: 16GB

Where User: and RAM: are the existing titles/labels for these fields in the form.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2020

Hi

Just put a  ConfiForms Field macro inside the ConfiForms IFTTT macro body (which send emails) and set it to include a label (with label)

Alex

Tao Craig November 13, 2020

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately this does not work. Toggling the "Show with label" checkbox in my IFTTT field macros has no effect. I think this has something to do with the fact that this option is only "applicable for fields used in ListViews/CalendarViews" according to the documentation. I'm not sure what the difference is but I'm using simple text fields and dropdowns.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2020

No, it actually should be applicable to email message body as well.

We will look into this asap from ConfiForms side

Tao Craig December 1, 2020

Hi Alex,

Any update on this?

Unfortunately, I can't justify purchasing this product without this functionality.

Thanks!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2020

Oh, that was fixed the same day I put my comment...

It still does not work for you?

Tao Craig December 1, 2020

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I was waiting to hear back before I continued testing.

I can confirm this now works as expected.

Thanks again!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2020

Sorry about that. It is a lot of comms and conversations going. 

I'll try to be better next time

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events