Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confiforms: Emailing field titles/labels along with user submitted values.

I have a form with text fields and drop down menus. This form emails the selected values to an address but only the raw data is captured. I would also like to include the titles/labels of these fields in the email (without pre-populating the form). I've looked at the prepend virtual function but this pre-populates the form and can be erased by the end user.

For example, rather than:

Bob Dobbs

16GB

etc.

The email would look like the following:

User: Bob Dobbs

RAM: 16GB

Where User: and RAM: are the existing titles/labels for these fields in the form.

1 answer

Hi

Just put a  ConfiForms Field macro inside the ConfiForms IFTTT macro body (which send emails) and set it to include a label (with label)

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately this does not work. Toggling the "Show with label" checkbox in my IFTTT field macros has no effect. I think this has something to do with the fact that this option is only "applicable for fields used in ListViews/CalendarViews" according to the documentation. I'm not sure what the difference is but I'm using simple text fields and dropdowns.

No, it actually should be applicable to email message body as well.

We will look into this asap from ConfiForms side

Hi Alex,

Any update on this?

Unfortunately, I can't justify purchasing this product without this functionality.

Thanks!

Oh, that was fixed the same day I put my comment...

It still does not work for you?

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I was waiting to hear back before I continued testing.

I can confirm this now works as expected.

Thanks again!

Sorry about that. It is a lot of comms and conversations going. 

I'll try to be better next time

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

561 views 5 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you