Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confiforms: Allow status dropdown to only be updated by rules and disable edit via inline edit Edited

Configuration

I have a form with 2 dropdowns and 1 Status dropdown.

I have a field rules that set the Status dropdown based on values from other 2 dropdowns.

Desired outcome

I want Status value to appear in my TableView, but I do not want Status dropdown to be manually edited in my Table View with in-line editing enabled.

What I've tried

If I set edit restrictions on the Status field, then it will prevent the Status dropdown from showing when in In-line edit mode (this is what i want), however, the rules will not update Status (this is not what i want).

Question

Are there other settings that can help prevent editing the Status dropdown via In-line editing, but still allowing to rules to update Status dropdown?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

This is how I solved it.  I changed from in-line editing to a modal dialog and only included the specific form fields that are editable within the Edit Controls.  This way, Status would not be editable when user edits entry, but the Table View would display Status after the Rules Definition performed the Lookup and set value.

Hi

You can set edit permissions on your status field (definition) - allowing it to be updated directly only by user in a certain group (group also can be set to something that "dont exist" and this will basically disable edits for everyone, as no one is in that "not existent" group).

And have an IFTTT rule to update it on form submit (create/modify), with enabled flag to bypass field permissions

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Configuring+ConfiForms+IFTTT+actions+and+rules#ConfiguringConfiFormsIFTTTactionsandrules-Create(Update)ConfiFormsEntry 

So, the rule will be able to update the field... but it won't be possible through UI

Alex

Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ , 

I am using Field Definition Rule "Lookup and set value" to set Status.  If switching to IFTTT rule, would I use IFTTT Copy Confiforms Data instead of Create(Update) Confiforms Entry?  I don't see options to bypass the editing restrictions on Copy Data IFTTT macro.

In original field definition rule (on form A), I am looking up a value in form B, with filter having conditions based on fields in form A entry.

Original "Lookup and set value" Rule:

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="5a0b1ba8-3f26-48bb-a283-47c85286bc58" ac:name="confiform-field-definition-rules" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="condition">!consequence:[empty] AND consequence:&gt;0 AND !probability:[empty] AND probability:&gt;0</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">riskstatus=[entry.riskstatus]&amp;riskstatus.label=[entry.riskstatus.label]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="values">consequence:[entry.consequence] AND probability:[entry.probability]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="action">Lookup and set value</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="actionFieldName">consequence,probability</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="values2">riskmatrix:1022198450</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>

I'm not positive that Copy Confiforms Data is the right rule to use to replace Lookup and set value.

Thanks in advance!

OK, this is something more complicated and it looks like you are looking up for some value to be set on the record

So, why not to use a dropdown for status if all you do is really looking up a label from some other form?

May be instead of a dropdown field type you can use something like hidden or readonly?

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New cloud apps roundup - June 2021

Since our last roundup in April, Atlassian's Marketplace Partners have added over 100 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help your teams work more efficiently. Let’s take a quick look a...

367 views 5 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you