Confiform: Filter on multiselect user field

Amir August 24, 2021

I have a field that its type is "user (multi-select)" and I want to set a filter (or condition) on another field (For example, IF Match view helper) that if current logged in user is one of the users I define on the user multi-select field, sth happened (For example show sth). How could I set the filter?

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2021
Amir August 26, 2021

Is it true when "myuserfield" has multiple users?

Totally, How could I set the condition/filter fields, when I want to search in a range or in an array and if "my_value" exist in that array return true?

Amir August 26, 2021

I mean Something like "IN" and "NOT IN" filters in CQL sentences...

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2021

Is it true? Well, you can check yourself... add a multi-user field, add yourself and create a filtered view over that field with the argument set as in my previous comment.

Sorry, I dont understand your second question

Like Amir likes this
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2021

Check more on ConfiForms filters here https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+Filters

! defines NOT in the filter

!myuserfield:[entry._user]

will check if the user not exists in the multi-select user field

Alex

Like Amir likes this
Amir August 26, 2021

I ask because I test this before and I couldn't succeed. So let's explain more. I have a field named "Authorized_Users" that save multiple users like "A, B, C, ..." and I have a variable like X that every time changed (for example it is the current logged in user).

I want to set a condition that if X (that is current logged-in user or "_user") exist in Authorized_Users, show something. For this situation, I found nothing in your filter examples.

I can write filter in 2 ways:

1. Authorized_Users:[entry._user] > In this way [entry._user] is the user that submit the form, not logged-in user

2. _user:[entry.Authorized_Users] > in this way the output is sth like this: X:A,B,C

and this filter is wrong. Because 1 value couldn't be equal to 3 value! So here I should have sth like "IN" and "NOT IN" filter to use instead of ":" to search in multi-values fields, or ":" should work as a "search" function, not only "equal" comparison.

I hoe I had explain clearly.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2021

Well, ConfiForms is smart enough to understand what type of field it is checked against and for multi-value fields it does automatically "contains"

Screencast to illustrate what I was saying...

http://recordit.co/ZR0d6d27m3

And as I have said earlier you can create a view to list rows that dont contain current user in a field

!multiuser:[entry._user]

Alex

Like Amir likes this
Amir August 27, 2021

You mean that these conditions both return "TRUE" ?

user1:user1,user2
user1:user1

I ask because it didn't work for me.

I explain again. One side of my filter is "_user" that return current logged-in user that are viewing the page

other side is [entry.authorizedusers] that its output is sth like "user1,user2" that is authorized to view the contents in IFMatches macro

But when I write _user:[entry.authorizedusers], it didn't work.

Another question; Is it different between _user:[entry.authorizedusers] AND [entry.authorizedusers]:_user ?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2021

No, I have not said that.. and neither the _user:[entry.authorizedusers] AND [entry.authorizedusers]:_user makes much sense (really, does not make sense at all)

Please see HOW I use the filters... there is a screencast that shows you that... I also put examples... why do you switch over to something else!? I cannot understand that

Like Amir likes this
Amir August 27, 2021

Because I don't want the user who fill the form. I want to filter another users that defined in another field and compare them with the user who are viewing the page.

[entry._user] is the user who submit the form and its username is "X". While submitting the page, there is a field (authorized_users) that automatically filled and assign some users (Like A & B) from another form depending on category that user X select. When form submitted, a page is created and another user with username "Y" is viewing the page. I want that if "Y" is one the users that had assigned in authorized_users field, see some text or some fields. So I can't use [entry._user], because this is the user who filled the form, not the one who is viewing the page! Is it true? If yes, so multiuser:[entry._user] couldn't be correct filter for this situation.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2021

[entry._user] variable holds the user who is currently logged in

It is documented in the link I have shared with you in my initial reply https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Accessing+field+values+and+properties#Accessingfieldvaluesandproperties-Additionalvaluesavailableinthecontext

Like Amir likes this
Amir September 6, 2021

Hi again

I Have a IFTTT form that create page on submitting form. In created page there is an "IFMatches View Helper" macro that it's condition is sth like this:

A_Multiuser_Field:[entry._user]

That means if logged-in user is a member of "A_Multiuser_Field" then that user can see some texts.

But when page created, [entry._user] has changed to the userrname of form submitter and I cannot trigger the logged-in user in condition field. Could you help me how could I trigger logged-in user without [entry._user] or do sth to prevent changing [entry._user] to creator of record and page and this field remain without changes. Thanks

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2021

Hi

That is because the [entry.field_name] notations are evaluated in your templates against the current record's data

To bypass/workaround this, you need to use asEntryRef virtual function

See https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions

Alex

Like Amir likes this
Amir September 6, 2021

Yess. This is exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events